Friday, May 18, 2012

Twin Shadow Countdown

In honor of Twin Shadow playing at Lollapalooza, I find it fitting to do a celebratory blog post.
Photo Credit: Samantha West

I first saw Twin Shadow perform at SXSW in 2011. It was getting pretty late at night, I was extremely worn out, most likely intoxicated, and my good friend was begging me to go see a band I'd never heard of. After a lot of coercing, I gave in. When we got there, I noticed we were standing outside of a church. At first I wasn't sure if we were really going to see a show or if perhaps she had tricked me and was having some sort of intervention. We walked in and watched what was one of my favorite shows at SXSW. As if the whole set wasn't already fantastic enough, toward the end George Lewis Jr. invited his album producer, Chris Taylor of Grizzly Bear, to help out with the track, "Forget". The song that really got me though, was "At My Heels". Check out the spacey video below.


I'm getting more and more excited about seeing Twin Shadow live as Lollapalooza rapidly approaches. His new album, Confess, will be out by the time he plays at Grant Park. I'm sure by then I'll have listened to it countless times and hopefully you will have too. Only 78 more days until Lollapalooza, get ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...