Friday, May 4, 2012
Cinco de Mayo: Fajitas
Who doesn't like Fajitas?! I mean I just like building my own with loaded with veggies!
Chicken Fajitas (Serves 4)
2 Tbsp Oil, divided
2 Bell Peppers, sliced
2 Onions, sliced
2 Tsp Fajita Seasoning or 1 Tbsp for extra spice
1 Tsp Salt, divided
1 1/2 Lb Chicken Breast, cut into 2-inch strips
1 Lime, juiced
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
Accompaniments: tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes or shredded lettuce
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Toss in onions and bell peppers and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until they start to soften.
3. Remove onions and bell peppers from the pan onto a dish, and set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp of oil, chicken, 1 tsp of fajita seasoning and 1/2 tsp of salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Add onions, bell peppers, remaining 1 tsp of fajita seasoning and 1/2 tsp of salt back into the pan and cook another 2 minutes.
6. Add the lime juice and cilantro to the pan and stir to combine.
7. Serve with tortillas and desired accompaniments.
*This is a 3-in-1 Meal:
*Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
*Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl