Saturday, March 31, 2012

Garden's & Villa Back in the Windy City




California natives, Gardens & Villa played Wednesday night at Lincoln Hall. I first heard them at Lincoln Hall last June, when opening for sensations Foster the People, aka the band that sings Pumped Up Kicks. It was love and first listen with Gardens & Villa, I loved them right away. I remember even turing to my friend, and saying "I love this band, who are they?" Now almost a year later seeing them again, I couldn't believe the growth of the band both in popularity and strength of stage presence, then of course over all sound. They played some of their unrecorded songs, which blew me a way; then they played several off their album Gardens & Villa, which was released last July 2011. When meeting Adam (keys) and Chris (lead vocals) after the show, I was saddened to hear they aren't releasing a new album till next year, because I just can't wait to hear more!  These guys aren't going anywhere, besides to the top. Their next big adventure is Coachella Music Festival in April, which Adam admitted they are a little nervous about. Be sure to check them out at Coachella if you are making your way out to the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...