Monday, February 6, 2012

Guy Opinion - Valentine's Day Outfits

Greg Corner


Ok here we go…

By no means am I a fashion expert or know what the future trends in fashion are going to be… However, I am a metro-sexual who likes fashion and has an opinion on it! Just because I might not like a style/article of clothing, doesn't mean it’s not going to be all the rage in Vogue a month, or a year later. 

Sometimes the best style is ridiculed at first… I can only imagine what David Bowie and Madonna went through earlier in their careers! The singer (Mat Devine) of my band (Kill Hannah), in fact, wears some questionable things at times, and I rip on him for it, but you know what? It works for him and he even sets fashion trends among our fans. So with all that being said lets get on with it… 


Junko

Junko V-Day Look (Sales Maven/ Trend Setter at Cityblue, Shopcityblue & CB) - This is probably my favorite outfit out of all 5 that I've seen! I'm not sure if it's the best look for a Valentines Day date, but it’s a great outfit for maybe a coffee outing. I like how the dress isn't uniform on both sides and has a unique neckline. The shawl or vest is a nice accent too, but I'm not crazy about the faux fur on the collar. The shoes feel a little cloggy to me, but I think they work well with the outfit. 


SOTW: Hey?! That’s real bunny fur. 


Megan

Megan V-Day look (Head Buyer at Cityblue, Shopcityblue & CB )- If M.I.A.'s album cover was a skirt this would be it! Wait is this a skirt or are these shorts? Or....wait is it an f*ing skort? I think the shorts/skirt/skort could work with something, but I feel like the fit and color off the shirt doesn't work with the outfit. Everything just seems too loose. I have to say of everything worn in all 5 pictures the shoes she's wearing are my favorite article of clothing. Maybe not with this outfit but they would be hot with something else. 


SOTW: We should see if M.I.A. has those shorts! She would look great it them. 


Mary

Mary V-Day look (Director of Web Operations at Cityblue, Shopcityblue & CB) - Skirt looks like something off the set of Boardwalk Empire, it could be sexy if paired with the right top. However this top is like my Grandma’s curtains in the guest bedroom at her summer home that she made in arts n’ crafts. It totally ruins the skirt in my opinion! Not crazy about the shoes either I feel like the skirt lends itself to something a little more sleek and not so cloggy. 


SOTW: Your Grandma has some stylish curtains. 


Lauren


Lauren V-Day Look (SOTW DJ/ Social Media Queen)- This is the "cutest" look out of all 5 outfits! However, that’s what it is.... cute.  It reminds me of something my 5 year old niece would wear out. At the same time, it's fun and carefree and shows she has a sense of humor. I like the boots but I'm not sure if they work with the skirt. The color combo between the skirt and sweater is good too, but I can't really tell by this picture if I like the sweater. 

SOTW: She is actually 10. 

Chelsea 
Chelsea V-Day look (Founder/President at SOTW)-  I first want to start off with the good: I like the shorts, I can't tell if they're leather or not but the cut and fit seem to work. Not sure about the stitching on the bottom though, kind of reminds me of a sew job I saw in Home Ec freshman year! The shoes from the front seem to be fine but I can’t really tell what the heel is doing to give my full opinion. Lastly the shirt, well... now I know what Captain Jack Sparrow would look like if he went to war in Vietnam. I'm kind of confused by it. I'm not sure who could pull off wearing this shirt/blouse and look good doing it. Not even Prince.

SOTW: Dahh real leather shorts with scalloped. 


_________________________________________________



All clothing provided by cityblue located at 1444 N. Wells St, Chicago. COMING SOON -  shopcityblue.com & CB in Lake Forest. 


Special thanks to the models, Junko Hama, Megan Finn, Mary Zinni, and Lauren Kazun (SOTW). 

Big thanks to Greg Corner for taking the time to give his opinion. You can catch Greg on Valentine's Day at the special John Hughes Party at Debonair Social Club, go here for more info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...