Monday, February 6, 2012

Die Antwoord - "Ten$ion"

Die Antwoord's new album, "Ten$ion," drops tomorrow.
For the poor (that's me!) you can stream it online for free!  Thank you, Internet.

Die Antwoord, which means The Answer in Afrikaans, is a Afro-techno-rave-rap group from Cape Town, S.A.  Its three members are apparently named Ninja, DJ Hi-Tek, and Yo-Landi Vi$$er. (Visser just makes me think of Animorphs.  This says a lot about me).

At first blush, the album seems pretty top-40 dance-rap-poppy rather than genre-bending or -creating. Maybe rather than using-so-many-dashes we can just call it electronic dance music.
I'm fine either way, innovative or not.  I love a good dance album, and this is something I'd dance to all night.

Check out "Hey Sexy" and get your Monday night on. Keep your ears open for the Ludacris quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...