Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Cinco de Mayo: Fish Tacos
I haven't done a food related post for a while, so I figured in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I would do one of my favorite things to eat, Fish Tacos! ENJOY! :)
Fish Tacos (Serves 4)
1 Lb Fish (use a flaky white fish such as tilapia, halibut, or snapper)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Cumin
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
Accompaniments: Guacamol-Wee, Sour Cream, Salsa and/or Lettuce
4-8 Corn Tortillas (depending on how full you make them)
1. Sprinkle the salt and cumin onto the fish.
2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large size pan over medium/high heat.
3. Cook the fish for 2-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and flaky.
4. Place the fish on a plate, flake with a fork into chucks and squeeze with lime juice and cilantro. Toss to coat.
5. Place 1/4 portion of the fish in each tortilla and top with
* If you want to serve the tacos warm, place the tortillas in a
microwave between several pieces of moist paper towel for several
seconds or wrap in foil and place in a 350 oven for several minutes.
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1/4 of a Tomato, seeded and chopped
1 Tsp Cilantro, chopped
1. Cut the avocado in half. Use a chefs knife to pull the pit out.
2. Scoop the flesh out and place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree.
Posted by Chelsea at 9:40 AM