Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eisley - "Deep Space" EP

I've been in love with Texas indie-rockers Eisley since 2005, when I first heard their album Room Noises. I was fifteen at the time, and their aching vocal harmonies and whimsical lyrics hit me right in the teenage love spot.
They've just come out with a new EP, "Deep Space," and I had to sink my teeth into it for old time's sake.
What always keeps me coming back to Eisley is the vocals. The sweet interplay of the sisters' voices drifting across the instrumentation gets me every time.  I sing along to Eisley - I listen to them in the car on a sort of grey day when I'm feeling tired - I sit in a rocking chair and close my eyes and listen to everything that happens in every song and feel it tug at my heart.

I don't think anything that Eisley does will ever hit me the way that Room Noises did, but that's my own nostalgia getting in the way of appreciating what they're doing now.  "Deep Space" is a solid EP by a band who knows what they're doing.

You can stream the EP for free now at Paste Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...