Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top 12 Albums & 3 Memorable EP's!

Joy Formidable

The Postelles
  • Cut Copy -Zonoscope
  • Mayer Hawthorne - How Do You Do
  • CSS - La Liberacion
  • James Blake - James Blake
  • The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
  • M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming
  • The Postelles - The Postelles
  • The Strokes - Angles
  • Destroyer - Kaputt
  • Cults - Cults
  • Yuck- Yuck
  • The Wombats - The Wombats Proudly Present: This Modern Glitch
Mayor Hawthorne


  • Strange Talk - Strange Talk (EP)
  • Florrie - Experiments (EP)
  • Phantogram - Nighlife (EP)

Yuck


From the first time I heard "You Know What I Mean", I've been hooked on Cults. Girl groupsy vocals, hand snaps, an homage to 60's greats like The Supremes... The entire album is pretty fantastic, definitely a favorite of mine!


The Joy Formidable have been on my radar for quite a while but I only just saw them live at this year's SXSW. The energy in their live show completely blew me away! It certainly stands out in my memory of that trip. I have since seen them 3 more times, fangirl status!

No matter what variance of "a bad day" I'm having, when I turn on Sam Cooke or Otis Redding it's suddenly better. Mayer Hawthorne brings me to that same place. If you haven't yet, you need to pick up his latest album but also do yourself a favor and get his first too:)


These are selection of albums that I've been burning out all year long. 
Cut Copy

Happy Holidays from all of us at Stic-of-the-Week! 
Xoxo, till next year, 
Chelsea, Lauren & Deenah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...