Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Slow Club's Paradise

Around two months ago, I posted this amazing video by duo Slow Club, which featured two jiving men in front of a simple backdrop, all in black and white format. Not only was I floored by the video, but I became entranced by the gospel alternative feel of the music. Well…. Slow Club released their album Paradise last month, and I'm loving the finished product just as much as I thought I would. I love when albums are able to take and twist the countless soul, and classic pop influences that exist and update them; Such is the case in tracks like "Two Cousins" (Of Course!!!), "Never Look Back" (for a more chill vibe), and "Beginners" with its expansive, broad 50's style. It's also a ton of fun to hear how perfectly simple but powerful Charles Watson's and Rebecca Taylor's (whose voice reminds me a bit of Feist's) voices weave in and out of each other in a kind of indescribable way. I have always been a big fan of male, female duos, but I have to say that these guys might be my new favorite pair!!! Check em' out :) Slow Club Photo

Another great song and video….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pinterest

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...